SDI makes it possible for you to complete all of the academic requirements for your entry-level scuba diver certification online. You can get started right now and, when you are done, you will then complete your in-water skill-development sessions and final open-water training dives at a local SDI Dive Center close to home, or at a popular vacation destination. It’s that simple! Now, go dive the world with your SDI certification.
What you can expect to learn
- The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
Course Equipment Requirements
- Basic SCUBA Equipment
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Manual and associated SDI Knowledge Quest Book (or SDI Open Water Diver Online Training course)
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor Guide
The following material is available and recommended:
- SDI Log Book
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Video or DVD
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver PowerPoint Presentation
- SDI Confined Water / Open Water Teaching slates
- SDI Skill Check-off slate
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
(10 – 14 years old for Junior Open Water Diver course)
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.