CPROX 1st AED
This course is a cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), emergency oxygen (O2) administration, first aid, and automatic external defibrillator (AED) course combined into one program. It is designed to teach individuals the proper techniques to safely administer CPR, O2, correct first aid, and utilize an AED in emergency situations.
What you can expect to learn
The following topics will be covered during this course and more!
- What CPROX1st AED is
- When do you administer oxygen
- Oxygen for a non-breathing victim
- How to administer oxygen through an oro-nasal mask while performing CPR
- Oxygen for breathing victim
- Non-rebreather mask
- Demand valve mask
- Nitrox cylinder/regulator options
- Define Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Performing CPR
- Self protection
- Assess scene and victim – EMS and statement
- Chin lift and gentle neck extension
- Rule of 2’s
- Continue CPR as long as needed
- Performing CPR
- Define first aid
- When and how must first aid be administered
- Define Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)*
Note: Manufacturers manual must be followed for proper use of the AED.
Skills you will complete during this course include all of the following, and more!
- Emergency oxygen
- Set up and use of oxygen cylinder
- Use of different types of masks
- Perform CPR on a manikin
- First aid: treat a simulated injury for the following:
- Breathing absent
- Broken bone
Course Equipment Requirements
The minimum equipment requirements for students are as follows:
- Oxygen (O2) cylinder with regulator
- Automatic external defibrillator (AED) with owner’s manual; training unit when available
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.