The SDI Advanced Scuba Diver Development Program was created to make truly “Advanced Divers.” During the course your Instructor will take you through four complete SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialty courses (for example; Deep, Navigation, Photo, Video, Intro to Tech, Tender, etc.) covering all the skills and subjects, so that by the end you will feel comfortable to conduct dives of a similar nature.Once you have logged your 25th dive (these can include any and all training dives), visit your local SDI facility with your logbook and verification of completing four SDI, TDI, and ERDI specialties and you will be awarded the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification.
By earning the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification you will have increased abilities and comfort in the water and be ready for the next step, SDI Rescue Diver.
What you can expect to learn
- Detailed information about four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Diver specialties of your choice
Course Equipment Requirements
- Basic Scuba Equipment
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
- Complete four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Specialty Diver courses or equivalent; only 1 course without dives, may be credited towards the SDI Advanced Diver development program, with the exception of SDI Computer Nitrox
- Proof of 25 logged dives
- After the previous requirements are met and verified by an instructor, the instructor issues the SDI Advanced Open Water Diver certification by submitting the SDI Diver Registration form to SDI Headquarters or the appropriate Regional Office, or registering the students online through member’s area of the SDI website
- Requirements for the SDI Junior Advanced include the above requirements, provided the four specialty courses they have taken are allowed by their age
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.